Monday, August 30, 2010

I know I said I would post on Sunday's but I'm posting today in hopes that someone will read the Blog.

Tom was feeling pretty good yesterday, not great today. I keep praying he'll get stronger and healthier each day.

I received an e-mail today from one of the clients I work with. I have told a very limited number of the clients I work with about Tom. Primarily because it's hard for me to explain to people without crying. In his e-mail my client said he had been reading the Blog and was reading Kelly's as well. He indicated that he especially liked Kelly's Blog about her father being an artist. He went on to say how that Blog gave him a better appreciation for people who work with their hands.

I thought his comment warranted a Blog post. In the last several years I've really begun to appreciate all of the things that Tom is not only very capable of doing, but is very good at. I know I've mentioned in past posts that Tom does not have a degree. Tom is not a good speller and I'm sure his grammar could use some work as well. What I have come to appreciate more and more each day about him, is his ability to be so talented at so many things. Things that I know people with degrees could not begin to tackle. Not that I believe education isn't important, because I believe it is. I also believe there are many people without college educations who have numerous talents and abilities. My husband is one of them.

Not only do I admire all of the things Tom can do but it wasn't until last year when he started plowing for the State that I had any inkling of the hours and work it requires to keep State roads clean. I have a much better appreciation for those guys who are putting in endless hours to keep State roads safe during winter. I, for one, applaud what they do and thank them for it.

I hope some of you are still reading the Blog because I believe the message is an important one. It takes all kinds of people to make up this world. Many of whom contribute much more than any of us are aware of.

For those of you reading, thank you. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.



4 comments:

  1. Mom,
    I read it, and you know what, you are right, it takes so many people to keep the world going, and everyday I think about them, the what some call little people. The people that we all have complained abou because the snow on the roads, or they give us shots at the Dr offices, or they do not provide our children with enough help at school.
    Well today I will say thank you to them, and to the men and woman serving for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. College degrees are over rated. The really intelligent people are those that can think on their feet, do the right thing and always respect other. All of which describe my brother perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is what I love about Tom:

    whenever in his company you feel welcomed.

    Since I was a little boy Ive known the Drolets, And now that I have grown up and started a family of my own, I have 2 models of what a Dad is. 1 is you Tom and the other is My Step father. I know your strong enough to kick this "things" A**! And Kelly: fire up some kick start my heart (Motley Crue) like the good ol' days and I'm sure we will see his strength kick back in! :) -I know someone with a similar battle that Tom has and they said that when they have a metalic taste or acid taste in the mouth they actually used a sour hard candy to soften that feeling.. Not sure if this helps but thought I would pass it along. Fall is coming... anybody need help at the Drolets for fall clean up? let me know...

    much luv
    Andrew & Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew are you putting together a team for fall clean up at my parents. Sounds like a fun day once the leaves fall to me, and I know where he keeps the beer. I will bring the Motley Crue cd too, just for you.

    ReplyDelete