Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 32 of treatment. One more day to go.

Tom has more difficulty swallowing each day. Hopefully he'll get better once this round of treatment is over.

He lost more weight this week. Suffice it to say he's very thin. He told me I didn't need to tell people how much he weighs so I will say only that he currently weighs less than 140. His blood pressure was pretty good though 110/60.

We saw the Oncologist today. After Tom's last radiation treatment tomorrow he will have a few weeks off. We will see the Oncologist again on September 7. He will schedule a scan at that time. After a couple more weeks and after reviewing the scan, it is his intention to schedule one or two more Chemo treatments for Tom. He doesn't know, at this point, if the treatments will be six consecutive days, a couple weeks off and another six days or if he will limit them to three days a week.

The Oncologist did tell Tom that while he may not feel it, he has done extremely well through this aggressive treatment. Tom can't receive any more treatments until he's had some time to recover from the ones he's had and build up some strength.

Tom was pretty upset at the prospect of having more Chemo. He's feeling so miserable, is so thin, he said he doesn't know how much more he can take. The doctor told him the Chemo will be much easier without the radiation. Tom is not convinced.

It was so hard to see him upset at having more treatments. He's been through so much and just keeps going.

Thank you all for continuing to read the Blog, for your e-mails, calls, visits and all you do. Thank you again!!

3 comments:

  1. I know it is hard for dad, but honestly I think he has done awesome, I do not know what he tells you everyday, but I think that is the first time I have read that he does not know how much more he can take, and he is almost done.
    He has been so strong, and I know he will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith big brother. I will see you when I get back and thanks for the weather update today. I have my sunscreen packed. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you both very much. Though we can see the toll it is taking on you both I can't imagine what is doing that we don't see. You need to remain strong so you can go travel and camping soon. We are there for you for whatever you need.

    Love you
    Tami, Brian and kids

    ReplyDelete