Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 30 of treatment.

It seems like yesterday that we received the diagnosis that turned our world upside down and here we are 30 days into treatment.

Tom actually seemed pretty good today. I suspect it may be, in part, because he knows treatment is almost over. We'll have a better update for you after we see the doctor on Tuesday.

If I were to go back and review all of the Blogs to date and the comments from some of you reading them, put those together with the cards, e-mails, visits and phone calls we've received I would say Tom's diagnosis didn't just turn our world upside down. While Tom's cancer may not have the same impact on you, I know it would be fair to say it's certainly had an impact. Many of you have taken time out of your busy schedules to read the Blog, respond, visit, send cards, call, e-mail and the list goes on an on. It is humbling to know family and friends will rally around you when you need them the most. Thank you.

In her Blog Kelly talked about her Dad being her hero. Tami posted on the Blog how much her Dad has done for her and her family. Jeanne posted how she calls him when she needs him to fix something. Tom isn't just Kelly's hero, he's mine too. He is, by far, the most multi-talented person I know. He does not have a college degree. What he does have is an uncanny ability just to know things. He never reads directions when putting things together. He has this natural talent that he just knows how they go together. For those of you who have been to our home you've seen the remodeling he's done. He's never been trained to do those things. How is it that some people have this incredible talent yet it's never been taught to them?

It's not just his multi-talented abilities, he's the most even tempered person I know. He doesn't get flustered easily. While I have a tendency to go off the deep end he keeps everything in perspective. I guess opposites truly do attract.

Thank you so much Andrew for your post and offer to helps us. We truly appreciate not only the offer but that you're reading the Blog and staying in our corner. Thank you!

Tom put his foot down today and told me to buy Maxwell House coffee. While I thought I had the faux organic under control it is not to be. I'm not giving up, but for now, I'll get the Maxwell House. You can bet everything else will be organic though. Well, maybe not the beer, but that's it!

I just order several Organic books from Amazon so I'm sure there will be more to come. I made some shampoo tonight with burdock root. We'll see how that works out. I am pretty confident that anything is better than chemical laden products though.

Thank you all for reading the Blog. Keep the comments coming everyone likes to read them. Thanks for staying with us!!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, What the hell, I take all that back that I said about dad, NO I am just kidding, but uh I want my driveway plowed, and roof shoveled, since these things are now my job. Really though after going through all this, and the positive attitudes that both you and dad have, Mom I have to say that really you are both my heros. Mom since you may have to do the plowing and shoveling, come on over we can learn together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya Tommy, I will be over tomorrow with the Maxwell house coffee. No doubt I like to eat, drink and act healthy with all my fitness stuff. But, I LOVE my maxiwell house coffee. See ya tomorrow for another Reiki treatment......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Kel and mom, I need to put in there that Dad is my hero too, lets remember who I take after when it comes to saying much. And second, I shoveled my whole driveway all year last year because I was home, and I needed to get outside. And it is a much further drive to your house:)~ See it pays to live close ;) And mom, I will come over and shovel for you, though I will volunteer Brian to plow if need be. I am sure Dad will all set though by the time it snows. But if not we will be there. Sorry Dad any other help will be kept secret from Kelly :) Just kidding.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete