Thursday, August 5, 2010

So here it is, Day 19. Almost 4 weeks (one month) into treatment. It amazes me that not so long ago Tom and I were both in shock, now here we are right in the middle of this thing. Maybe still in shock but at least in treatment.

Jeanne took Tom for treatment today and then to lunch. Thanks Jeanne. Guess he didn't eat much. He's pretty much limited to soft scrambled eggs now.

Thank you all so much for your comments. They are very much appreciated. We're also receiving e-mails in response to the Blog. Those too are very much appreciated. Somehow the comments help me to maintain some sort of sanity and to feel that we're not isolated and alone. It makes me wonder what people did before the internet.

Thanks Kristi for the ice cream suggestion. It might work, and probably would for the rest of us, but Tom wasn't an ice cream fan even when he was eating. I did buy some in hopes that he would eat a little each day, no go. Of course, we all know what happened then - I ate it. I do buy coconut milk ice cream (Tom is Lactose intolerant) to have on hand for our grandaughter. He likes it but again, ice cream isn't his favorite thing.

For those of you who know Tom well I think he's probably had less than six beers in the last 3 months. Carbonated beverages are out right now too. If he doesn't drink beer chances of him eating something he doesn't like are slim to none.

I did put some Boost in popsicle molds today - just in case.

If any of you can think of anything else I should try I'm up for suggestions.

I know you may get sick of reading this but it's important to tell you how much your comments, e-mails, calls and/or visits mean to us. Thank you!!

Thank you, Nan, for your continued words of encouragement. They mean more than you know.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, try Jello, and Jozie said that Grandpa can have her chicken broth if he wants, she said it helped her when she was really sick, so it might help grandpa too. She said she is going to bring it over for him on Saturday. And yes it is already packed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,I can understand your frustration everytime I am with Tom I try to think of something he can eat, but no go. Boy is he stubborn. I even had a hard time getting him to drink his water. But, at least he is still willing to accept the Reiki. Kelly, great idea with jello and broth. Keep the faith. Remember many cancer patients get down to a liquid diet during treatment and they DO survive. Oh and Tom thought it was a great idea about the protein in his mash potatoes and I told him to put it in his eggs also. I really felt his frustration yesterday with feeling sick, he is tired of feeling that way. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete