Sunday, August 29, 2010

I told you all I would update the Blog on Sunday so here I am. I hope you are all reading.

Tom is slowly improving. He's is still having a really hard time swallowing and is limited to eating chicken noodle soup and eggs. I told him today, that once this is over he will likely never eat chicken noodle soup again!

I know he's feeling better because he started to clear some brush this weekend. He did too much and was in a lot of pain and had to resort to taking pain medication. I told him to take things slowly, that he needs time to recover and get better.

We still have a way to go. For every day he is better I am very grateful and pray every day that he will continue to get better.

Thank you all for your comments on the last Blog.

Tom hasn't been able to eat the Ring Dings or the Funny Bones because it hurts too much to swallow.

Thanks Kerry for your comments about Food, Inc. It's nice to know there are others out there looking at healthier ways of living. Nan watched it too and although she has been a vegetarian for quite some time, and has purchased some organic products she too is changing what she purchases and consumes. In response to the hussy comment I will respond by saying you do what you have to do!!

I would also like to say it's a pleasure to know you, Kristi, and Andrew as the adults you are today. I know your Mom is very proud

Thanks Jeanne for your continued support, you too Brenda.

Thanks Kelly and Tami for being there.

Jeff, if you're reading this Blog thank you so much for visiting each week.

Chick, Pip and Linda stopped to visit today. Thank you.

The visits, calls, e-mails continue to be an important part of this process and for those we thank you.

Stay tuned for more next week.....



1 comment:

  1. Hey Tom…. Did you get your ice cream again yesterday??? It was so good to hear you talking about food, and what you going to eat.…steak, salad ect..I know you will soon be having your bacon cheese burger and enjoying every bite!! Just let me know when it time to take you for the banana split….
    Love Pip

    ReplyDelete