Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 27 of treatment.

Just radiation today. Tom has 6 more days of radiation. We'll know more next week when we see the Oncologist as he takes the lead on Tom's treatment.

Tom felt a little better today. Still having trouble swallowing due to extreme acid. Hopefully without Chemo that will get better.

For those of you reading the Blog when you first enter the site you should see Kelly's Blog featured as well. She had a post for today called "Art Class". If you haven't read it, please do. She wrote some very nice things about her Dad.

Thank you all for your comments on yesterday's Blog. Comments are always welcome!! If any of you reading the Blog haven't read the comments, take a minute and read them. They're great!

Kerry thanks for the information. Actually I do stop at Trader Joe's when I'm in Nashua. I wished they had one closer but you're right they have a lot of organic stuff. I bought a watermelon there recently and no, it did not cost $30.

Nan (my sister) e-mailed today, as she does each day. Nan has been on the organic band wagon longer than I have so she has more experience. She just switched all of her makeup to Physicians Formula because they produce certified organic makeup. She told me that she saw it at the Ocean State Job Lot store at a fraction of the price she paid for it. If you're interested you may want to check it out. She also told me she was going to e-mail Maxwell House to encourage them to think about producing organic coffee. You go Nan!!

This goes to one of the Blog readers - hope you're continuing to do well at quitting smoking. Don't give up, no matter what!!! You can do it!!!

Tom and I stopped at Pip's after treatment today and went for a short walk. Thanks Pip for inviting us.

We continue to receive e-mails, calls, visits and cards and of course, Blog comments. Thank you all so much for staying involved and staying with us throughout this journey. We are so appreciative. Thank you!!!






5 comments:

  1. A walk with Pip! You go Tom,that is awesome. Keep it up and,nexted up, a run with Jeanne :) OK I will walk with you also, to the end of the earth, or maybe just to get a cup of maxwell coffee if you are paying. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe next time we can walk down and get a Banana split!!! with lots of fat in the ice cream..... pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom,
    You only see that link. I have posted it here. I will show you how to put a link to blogs and organic sites when I come over.
    http://yourviewofmyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Dad running, let me know when that happens that will have to be vidoe taped :) Walking yes but I just can't see the running.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tommy, Let me know when you want me to pick you up and go out for breakfast. I know some good spots were we can get really fat really quick.

    I hope you are fighting the shit out of that cancer. Everyone at General Services sendds their love. People from DOT are always asking about you and I tell them to read these great blogs, Isn't beer all orgnic?
    Love you both. take care and god bless. Tom

    ReplyDelete