Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 26 of treatment.

Both Chemo and radiation today. We think this is the last day of Chemo. The Oncologist said something, earlier in this process, about additional Chemo in a few weeks but we won't know until we meet with him next Tuesday.

Tom felt pretty good today. I think a huge weight was lifted from his shoulders thinking the Chemo is finished. Here's hoping tomorrow is as good as today!

His blood pressure was really good today - 114/70. No more Procrit shots either! His weight is another story. He lost more weight this week. His weight, with his clothes on was 140 today. Hopefully, without Chemo, we can get some weight back on him.

Thanks Donna and Billy for visiting Tom today. I had to leave him at Chemo while I went to the office. I'm glad you both stopped and he was too. I know he's ok with staying alone but I hate leaving him there to get the treatments by himself.

Thanks Jeanne for stopping yesterday and giving Tom another Reiki treatment. That positive energy can only help.

Sharon and Dick stopped Saturday and brought soup - one for Tom and one for me and tons of herbs. Thanks guys. The soup is excellent!

Chick actually picked us some wild blackberries and dropped them off over the weekend. Thanks Chick, I used them in muffins.

Thanks Kel, Kristi and Brenda for your Blog comments. They are appreciated. It helps me feel connected.

Thanks Nan for always responding to the Blog and giving me encouragement. Thanks for all of the plants too.

Thanks Brian for mowing the lawn again.

On another note, I stopped at the Co-Op to pick up some groceries, as I'm determined, that we will continue to eat organic foods. Tom has been able to eat watermelon so I picked one up while I was there. I didn't realize until I checked my receipt later on that the watermelon was $30. Yes, folks, you read it right - $30. This was not a large watermelon. For those of you who have been eating organically for a while, the watermelon rind protects the fruit from pesticides so they don't carry the same pesticide dangers as some other foods. I'll still buy organic watermelon, I'll just check the price first!!

Tom doesn't care about the organic foods but he draws the line at coffee. He still wants only Maxwell House. I'm working on that one.

As I am writing the Blog it occurs to me how incredibly lucky we are to have such good friends, family and people who care about Tom and about us. In spite of all that is going on we feel so blessed to have such support.

Thanks to you all!




5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    My name is Mary and I'm a good friend of Jeanne's. Just wanted Tom to know that he's in my thoughts and prayers. I think of him often and hope this difficult journey ends successfully. I just can't imagine the pain and suffering you all are going through. But wanted you to know that people you don't even know are pulling for him and if you need anything please don't hestitae to ask.
    Stay strong and keep the faith,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Sharon please tell my big brother to EAT before I weigh more them him.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I weighed Zack tonight and he is at 128, you better tell dad he needs to eat, eat, and eat before his 12 year old grandson weighs more than him. Also Jozie said "that he is pulling a Jo Jo and dropping all his weight, pretty soon they will put Grandpa on my medicine mommy, and he does not want that too"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caleb, Dylan, Lisa & Myself want to extend our love and prayers to You and Tom & the Family. As for organic foods... I went shopping once myself and had a bill that looked more like a car payment!! when did growing locally get so exspensive! How can they ship a tomato from Chili to NH and still be cheaper!!! Keep fighting and we'll keep praying!

    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon-Trader Joe's carries a lot of organic items that are VERY reasonably priced. I know there is one in Nashua and there is one by my office in Acton, MA. let me know if there is anything you want me to pick up-I'd be happy to sometime on my way home and drop off.

    I almost choked when I read the post about the $30 watermelon! I think I'm in the wrong business! I need to buy some land and start organic farming, LOL

    -Kerry

    ReplyDelete