Sunday, October 31, 2010

Today is the last day of October. Hard to believe the summer is over and we're faced with welcoming winter.

Tom gets blood work on Tuesday. Thursday's Chemo treatments will be dependent on what his blood count is. Otherwise things are going as well as I suppose they can.

I will continue to report on Tom's progress as he receives upcoming treatments. I wish I had more to report but this is a waiting game.

I told you, in the last Blog, that I would try put things in the Blog that might promote discussion and comments, maybe even just self reflection. For this week I actually wrote a poem -

If we could see the future
Would we change the path we chose
Or would we be just as content
To travel the same road

Would we be kinder to strangers
Would we be a better friend
Would we spend more time with family
Would we take the time to spend

Would we do the things we long to do
Or wait another day
Would we travel more, or read the book
That we have stored away

Would we take more risks, take more chances
Find another way
To be a different person
Than the one we are today

So as I write this poem I think
Life is such a precious gift
And if we could see the future
Would we change the way we live

A long time ago I read this question "If something were to happen to you tomorrow, would you be happy with the life you lived?" I ask myself this question every so often because I think it's a good one. Ask yourselves this question.

If there is something you should change, change it. If there is something you should do, do it. Sure, there may be some planning involved but make a plan, get it done.

Regarding work, I have always felt that if you have a job that you hate, if you get up every morning and hate the thought of going to work - if you dread walking through those office doors, or going to wherever it is you go - change it. Life is too short to be unhappy every day. That said, this economy isn't exactly ripe for job searches but keep your eyes open, get an education take the steps to help yourself. It doesn't have to happen tomorrow but nothing will ever change if you don't take steps to change it.

For me to answer this question I would have to say I've made some mistakes in my life that I wished I never made and given a second chance would not make again. If we learn from our mistakes they make us stronger. If we don't learn from them they are wasted. As for the rest of my life I feel I am incredibly blessed. I could not have asked for a better husband or children, including the grandchildren. Tom and I are blessed with wonderful family and friends.

I hope you can answer the question the same way.

I checked the Lungevity site. Congratulations Jeanne on the contribution. Good job.

If you read the prior Blogs you know we are walking to benefit lung cancer on Saturday. If any of you can, or want to contribute please refer to the October 19 post for the link. If you have trouble accessing the link please e-mail or call.

Thank you again for reading the Blog. I feel like we are all extended family and I am so glad you're all there.










1 comment:

  1. My personal moto has always been: Try to live your life with no regrets

    ReplyDelete