Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tom started his rounds of Chemo today. There are several different kinds of Chemo treatments. He received one of the same ones he received last time along with a different one.

I was sure it wouldn't be as bad as last time since he isn't having Chemo every day and there is no radiation. However you look at it though Chemo is no picnic. He wasn't feeling well at all when we got home. He was nauseous and freezing, the same side effects as last time. I'm really hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm so glad Tom put the Chemo off until this week so we could get a nice weekend away.

On the upside he has gained about 24 pounds, his blood pressure was good. He is a little anemic but with Chemo, even though he hasn't had it for a while, that's to be expected, or so I'm told.

Thanks for the Blog comments. You're right Brenda it was a beautiful weekend. Jeanne, the kids were never be too much, they were adorable.

Sharon, I'm so sorry you ran out of propane. Hope you weren't too cold!

Thanks for reading the Blog. I can't tell you all enough how glad I'm am that you're hanging in there with us.



2 comments:

  1. I am glad you got to have a good weekend. Tell daddy I hope he feels better and if he needs anything to call me or Jeff. I will be over this weekend just not sure what day yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blahhhhh, I so hate that chemo, But if that's what it takes to "kick this cancer in the can"! Sending good karma your way..... Keep the faith. Love ya

    ReplyDelete