Thursday, October 28, 2010

This was Tom's week off from Chemo. We did have a checkup today. His blood pressure is good, he gained a little weight back (he had lost a little last time). His blood count is low so he has to go back on Tuesday for blood work before the Dr. can determine if he will have Chemo next week.

Thank you Jeanne and Sharon for registering to join us in the walk next week. Thank you Brenda for your donation. Your generosity is very much appreciated (all of you). I couldn't find a walk closer to home but I'm going to work on something for next year.

In my quest to continue with organic foods I ordered a turkey for Thanksgiving, from a local farm who raises organic turkeys. I'm not sure it will be any better than those at the supermarket but I will know that it hasn't been "pumped" with something to make it grow faster. It seems that the best way to go would be to become a complete vegetarian and forget the meat all together. However, any of you who know Tom know it would definitely be work to get there, assuming it could ever happen!!

I haven't said anything in the Blog recently about those of you who were/are trying to quit smoking. I hope you are continuing the fight to quit and that it's working for you. Keep going, I know you can do it!!!

For any of you who want to walk with us next Saturday, please register, we would be happy to have you! Any of you who can afford, or want, to contribute to the cause we would appreciate that as well.

We are very grateful for all of you reading the Blog and being with us throughout this whole journey, and it has been a long one. We realize you have given your time to read the Blog, call, e-mail and we continue to be very thankful for that. Please know the Blog was not set up, and will not be, for soliciting donations. We are doing the walk net week to raise money to help fund research for lung cancer. This is an annual event, thus my request for donations.

Thanks so much for reading the Blog. I'll try to be more consistent in posting so you can plan on certain days of the week to read it. I am hoping to add something to each up-coming Blog that will prompt discussion and comments from those of you reading it so please stay tuned...






No comments:

Post a Comment