Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tom was feeling a bit better on Thursday. Since we had made camping reservations several months ago we decided to go camping at Ellacoya. We thought it would help to get Tom out of the house. Our friends Sharon and Dick were there and offered to help set up if we needed it.

Dick helped Tom with the camper and we used Dick's grill to cook so we wouldn't have to set ours up.

Tom started feeling poorly about 8PM and went to bed. I stayed at Dick and Sharon's camper for a while. Feeling guilty staying there I wanted to go back to the camper to see if Tom needed anything. When I got back he told me how happy he was that I was able to get a break. It's funny that until that moment I never thought about how hard this must be for him to be so needy. It's so foreign to him to have me wait on him for everything and not be able to do anything to help.

As it turned out, he didn't sleep all night. Friday morning we headed back to Concord for his radiation treatment. We decided to stay home Friday so he could get some sleep. Maybe camping wasn't such a great idea.

Friday evening we started him on the Boost that was recommended by the doctor. Almost as soon as he drank it, it came back up. Boost isn't going to happen. We are going to talk to the nutritionist next week to see if she has any other recommendations to get his calorie count up. If anybody has any recommendations we're happy to hear them.

Since we decided camping may not have been such a great idea we returned to the campground on Saturday to pick up the camper. We stayed for a few hours then Dick helped us pack up and we came home. Thanks Dick.

Tom Robinson, Tom's former boss, and his wife Mary were at the campground too. They couldn't have been nicer (sorry Tom if any of your employees read this). They were great and offered to bring the camper home if Tom couldn't get it there. Thanks Tom and Mary.

Tom felt pretty good on Saturday but slept most of the day today. Guess we can't get two good days in a row.

Jeanne rode her bike over today and talked to Tom again about Reiki. She left her CD's here and told him when he "begged" her to do it she would. Jeanne, I think we have him talked into it. Please set something up with him. Kristi, I'll make sure to document everything - just for you. I don't think there will be any preaching about holistic health from Tom though, so don't hold your breath on that one.

Sharon and Dick brought chicken soup today for the days when Tom has trouble swallowing. Thanks Sharon and Dick.

Thanks Krisi for the offer to help.

Thank you all for your continued offers to help. Kristi, your comment was so appropriate, regarding the general offer to help. We know all your offers are genuine and that you want to help but don't know how. Believe me, I know how you feel. I know I've said it in the Blog before, I'm doing the cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, switching to organic products, etc. etc. because that's what I know how to do. I too, am at a loss to know how to deal with this other than taking care of things day to day.

I'm sure there is going to come a time, in this journey, that we are going to need help. I just don't know what to ask for now. We do appreciate all the offers and we know there will come a time that we will have to call upon some of you to help. Again, we thank you.

I guess if we have to ask any of you to do something for us right now it would be to please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I will set up a reiki treatment!!! Yeah!!! I will also be over soon with the "special toothpaste" See you soon. Hope today radiation goes well. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete