Sunday, March 6, 2011

I wished I had better news for the Blog but Tom didn't have a good week.

It's so hard to believe that not so long ago I was reporting that he was getting stronger every day.   I continue to pray for Tom's health and we take it day by day.

We are so humbled by the continued outpouring of support that we receive from friends and family.  You may get sick of reading this but it truly bears repeating over and over that as hard as this is, it would be much harder without that support.

Jeff stopped to visit and fixed our mailbox this weekend that was destroyed by the plow truck.  Brian sanded the driveway.  Donna, Jeanne and Nan stopped to visit this week along with Tom's mom, Dennis and Tammy and of course the girls.

We have received numerous offers to help and believe me I would be asking for help, I'm just not sure what to ask for.   Please know that your offers do not go unnoticed and they are very much appreciated.

Thanks Kel, Brenda and Kerry for your comments on the last Blog.

The Blog wouldn't be the Blog without my passing on some sort of information that I perceive as being useful.  For any of you watching ABC news they have recently been reporting on made in America products.  For those of you reading the Blog you also know that we have switched to all organic products, making our own dish washing detergent, cleaners, etc.etc.  We try to buy local milk and eggs.  After the recent news broadcast I think it makes sense to buy products made in America and will be doing so in the future.   Why this didn't occur to us before baffles me.   This weekend I was looking for on-line baby shower gifts for our niece.  As difficult as it was to find organic, made in the USA, crib sheets, onesies, and a baby blanket for the shower gift, it gave me a really good feeling knowing that we were purchasing organic, made in the USA products.  Shouldn't we support US workers?  And yes, products made in the US come with some pretty hefty price tags but if more products were purchased, wouldn't prices go down?  And, if we buy only things made in the US does that make us RedNecks?  Just something to think about.

I came across the following recently from Rev. Paul Osumi and thought it was worth passing along:

Do more than preach, practice
Do more than think, ponder
Do more than sympathize, empathize
Do more than scold, set an example
Do more than criticize, praise
Do more than dream, make it a reality
 
Thank you for reading the Blog and continuing to support us, it means so much.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sharon- By putting into practice Rev. Osumi's words, you have set the example for us. Continue to be the light you are. Heartfelt thoughts and prayers for Tom and you, family and friends. :~)- Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all are always in my prayers and I send all of my love to all of you :) Thank you for posting, I know it must be hard for you but I also know how strong you are, again all of my love :)

    ReplyDelete