Monday, January 3, 2011

Tom didn't have a great week last week.  He had planned on doing some things around the house but as it turned out didn't feel very well so those plans have been set aside.

The most frustrating thing for me about this disease is that I can't fix it.  I just want to make things better for Tom.  I want him to have one day that he is feeling ok (truth be told, I want more than one but I'll take one at a time).  When you see someone you love going through this disease day after day, or any debilitating type disease it makes your heart sink.  Personally, I think he's handling this much better than I am.

I know, in my heart, that a positive attitude will help so on with the march.

Our daughter and her kids posted a list of the best and worst things of 2010 on her Blog.  I think that's a great idea.  It would be my hope that we could learn from some of the worst things that happen to us and cherish and repeat some of the best things.

Thank you all for your Christmas cards and well wishes for Tom.  They mean so very much to us.  And Julie, your hand made cards couldn't be more perfect.  Thank you!

Thanks Carla and Jeanne for your comments on the last Blog and your prayers for us. 

I went to Church yesterday and the minister said a prayer for Tom.   I was a little taken back as I had not discussed this with him but at the same time very appreciative as well.

We wish you all a very healthy and happy new year.  Thanks again for being there for us.





  

1 comment:

  1. Mom,
    My idea of the good, and bad of 2010, was that so we could learn form the bad what is important to us, and take those things as a growing experience, and to cherish the good because there is a positive in almost every negative. I have learned a lot this past year, but I think the biggest thing is that Family is always first, and most important.

    ReplyDelete