Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tom had treatment on Thursday.  Jeanne took him as I was working in Mass.  Thank you so much Jeanne for filling in.  I am very appreciative.

Things were a little better for Tom this round.  The doctor changed the treatment and he received a lot of anti-nausea medicine prior to treatment.  He's not feeling great but significantly better than the last time.

He has another treatment this coming Thursday so we'll see how that one goes.

Our granddaughter was taken to the emergency room this past week with severe abdominal pain.  As it turned out she had appendicitis and had her appendix removed.  While I'm sure we all appreciate the emergency room, our daughter and Jozie arrived at the hospital around 10 am.  By the time I got there after work around 6 pm Jozie had not even had a CT scan.  I have yet to understand why everything takes so long there.  In any case, the surgery went well, she had to stay an extra night but is at home now and doing well.

I wasn't going to set up a Christmas tree this year with everything going on.  I changed my mind and decided to decorate with at least a tree.  We bought a real tree this year.  We haven't had a real tree in years but I thought it might be nice for a change and it is.  

I started going back to church about a month ago and no, this is not a lesson on whether or not you should attend church services.    Our town church is a small community church.    After I arrived at church today I looked around at the people in attendance noting their blue jeans, sneakers, parkas, and even their Dunkin Donuts coffee.  Yes, in church.   I realized what a sense of community the weekly service is and how times have changed.  Guess it goes to show, it doesn't matter who you are, what you wear, or even if you bring your coffee to church.

Thanks Kel and Carla for your comments on the last Blog.  I appreciate all the comments you folks reading put on the Blog.  Carla, I'm glad that Kelly keeps in touch with the boys too.  It's unfortunate that we didn't spend more time together when the kids were growing up.

I think we get so busy in our lives that time slips away before we realize it's gone.  We are aware of that now more than ever.  I've said this in other Blogs but I'll say it again.  Appreciate your family and friends.  Tell them so.  Spend time with them.

Thank you all for reading the Blog and keeping in touch.  Your time and effort is very much appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU, Sharon for sharing with all of us here! Yes, life is VERY busy these days and has changed much (coffee & sneakers in church!!! :~))
    I really enjoyed what you wrote this week as you have such a good grasp on "what is important".
    Good to hear that Tom did better with this round! :~)
    Jozie must be ready to be up and about now; like her grandma (and grandpa!), it's not easy to keep her "down"! :~)
    Ummm! Can't wait to experience that "real" Christmas tree scent! :~)
    Thanks again, Sharon, for your blogging!
    love to you & Tom & all :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be over to witness that real tree, get the coffee ready Tommy :-) Glad you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete