Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tom didn't have any treatments this week.  He still gets tired easily and isn't sleeping well but at least he is eating well, for the most part.   I keep praying, as I'm sure many of you are, that he will continue to get stronger.

Christmas is next Saturday and this is definitely the time of year for giving.  It's also the time for spending time with friends and family.  For me, spending time with friends and family is the best part of the holiday's.

Two of Tom's sisters stop by at least once a week to check on him.  We are so appreciative of the time you both take out of your busy schedules to spend time with Tom.  Thank you.

We've received some nice Christmas cards from some of the State folks.  Thank you too.

When you go through something like Tom and I are dealing with that's when you really appreciate having friends and family.  Especially because they stand by you, support you, and are there for you when you need them the most.  You all know who you are.  Thank you!!

In one of the past Blogs I mentioned how, at the church I attend, some folks bring in their coffee, people don't generally dress up, it's a pretty relaxed environment.  Today we sang "Happy Birthday" to two of the church members.  Times sure have changed. 

Thanks so much to all of you for staying "connected" with us.  We are very grateful!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you were not up in the middle of the night updating the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. This is the time I miss my family up North especially my boys and grand kids. I have a great family down here but not the same. The boys always spend it with Jess or my brother in Bradford so that always eases my mind.Tough time here right now Marks Dad passed away not to long ago so the holidays are tough on his mom and the kids. Oh well we just pray and are grateful for what we have. Sending all my love your way please tell the rest of the fam, your sister and mom Merry Christmas and I love them and think of them often :)

    ReplyDelete