Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tom's blood count was much better today.  He was able to have his chemo treatment.  As I sit here and post this Blog he is feeling terrible.  We did get a prescription for some nausea medicine that he had to take before they would administer the chemo this time.  I guess it helped a little but he is still feeling sick.

With certain Chemo treatments some of the side effects are ear ringing and numbness in the fingers.  Tom also has both of these side effects.  He did not have them with the Chemo he had this summer but the doses he's currently getting are so much stronger that I guess that's causing the side effects.

As Tom's wife, the hardest thing I have ever had to do is to watch him go through this and know that I can't do anything to change it.  If I could, I would.

We received another card this week from some of the ladies in the Morton Building.  Thank you so much.  You continue to send cards and keep us in your thoughts and we are very grateful.  By the way, not just any card but a hand made card!!

The Belmont crew stopped this week too.  Tom appreciates that you all take the time to stop and visit.  Thank you!!

In the last Blog I thanked those who supported me in the Lungevity walk that I did last week to benefit Lung Cancer.  I received another very generous donation from a work mate today.  Thank you Chris, your generosity is very much appreciated.

I could not complete this Blog post without sincerely thanking those State workers who again contributed their earned time to Tom.  Tom was given additional earned time so he can continue to receive the treatments he needs.  There are not enough thank you's that could ever tell you how much we appreciate what you've done.  You are such a wonderful group and we thank you!

We're approaching Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks.  It's a time to reflect on what we have to be thankful for.  I would encourage you to give this some thought.   All too often we take for granted what we have.  Think about the possibility of having Thanksgiving with someone you haven't seen in a while.  Think about giving a can of food to the food bank.  Think about just spending time with friends and family.


Thank you all for reading the Blog, for visiting, for sending cards, e-mails, calling and just being there.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that I am thankful for my parents, cause without the two of you I would not be were I am today, and my three children, who although they talk back sometimes, are far better than I ever was a child.

    ReplyDelete