Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tom wasn't feeling great over the weekend.  He has a few days to start to feel a little better before he goes for his next treatment.  Thankfully he has Thanksgiving week off.

Today is our 40th anniversary.  Forty years and it seems like it was yesterday!  Those of you who know Tom well, know that he would make some smart remark if he heard me say that but I know he wouldn't change a thing.  Nor would I.  I could not have been luckier or more blessed to find Tom some 40 years ago.  He is the best husband and father anyone could ask for.

In the last couple of Blogs I talked about looking at your life, where you're going and where you want to be.  One of our friends sent me the following e-mail today.   I would like to share parts of the e-mail with you... 


"I had just finished reading a book by Dr.Ira Byock "THE FOUR THINGS THAT MATTER MOST...A Book About Living". The "four things" (the saying of them) are:

   Please forgive me.
   I forgive you.
  Thank you.
   I love you.

The mistakes of the past, which may have impacted others and "changed" the future cannot be taken back or "changed" now. And the future cannot be predicted and cannot even be wished for. But NOW is what we have and living fully now IS what we can do"

Another friend e-mailed me the following quote:

"The unexamined life is not worth living.”  Socrates

Good messages - something for us all to think about.  Life is so precious and no one knows that more than we do.

Kel, thank you for your comment on the last Blog.  We love you too.

During the Lungevity walk a couple of weeks ago Kerry  (the daughter of my long time best friend) was telling us that she discontinued Cable and subscribed to NetFlix in order to save money.  NetFlix currently has a 30-day free trial for any of you who don't have it and want to try it.  I subscribed this week and actually set up my WII to allow us to  watch NetFlix movies, tv, etc on our TV (and yes, I did it all by myself).  We'll see how it works.  It's certainly worth a try for any of you who don't currently subscribe to NetFlix especially while it's free for a month.

Thanks again for reading the Blog and staying in touch.  We appreciate the time you spend with us.








1 comment:

  1. Oh Happy Anniversary. I would like to say that yes you are a very lucky woman, but on the same note Tommy is one very lucky man. Glad to hear he has Thanksgiving off. You all are still in my prayers daily and know that I love you all very much always :) Those messages in the emails are so very true, I too know that 1st hand. As you know, may your wonderful brother Rest In Peace. We would have been married 30 this year, wowey <3
    Carla <3

    ReplyDelete