Monday, February 14, 2011

Finally, a post.  I want to apologize for not posting for the past couple of weeks.  I'm having a hard time dealing with this and wasn't sure I could post a Blog that would be worth reading so better not to post at all.

Tom is having a rough time.  Yesterday he had the best day he's had in a while.  Today, not so much.  He sleeps alot.  He's lost some weight, after having gained back the weight he lost after the summer.  We take it one day at a time.

As tough as this is we continue to be so grateful for friends and family.

Tom's sisters continue to check in, by calling and stopping by to visit.

Of course, Nan e-mails each day and comes to visit when she can.

Our long time friends who recently retired to Florida check in every Saturday morning.
 
Our very good friend and personal electrician Jeff and a long time friend who was in our wedding some 40 years ago came over on Saturday to be here while we had a new dishwasher installed, just in case I needed some help.  We are very thankful they were here.  In the past, Tom always did these things around the house so it's odd for us to have to hire someone.  I guess you do what you have to.

Tom received another beautiful hand made card from the ladies at DOT.  Thank you so much for keeping Tom in your thoughts.

Our nephew Jeff stopped a week or so ago to clean up the snow in the driveway.  Our other nephew is going to finish the tile floor that Tom has not been able to finish.

Brian and Ben have sanded the driveway and shoveled the roof of the camper.

Tami stops each day and Kelly stops a couple of times a week.   Tami picked up flowers for Tom to give me for Valentines Day and Kelly picked up cards.  How lucky are we to have such great kids.

As hard as all of this is I can't help but reflect on how fortunate we are to have such caring friends and family.  I can't imagine doing this without them.  I know you've seen this on the Blog numerous times but I will say it again.  I don't know how anyone would get through something like this without friends and family.  For us it's a Godsend.

Thank you all so much for being there and helping us out even when I don't update the Blog.  We are and will continue to be forever grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, No need to apologize!!! I am so grateful for your unconditional love and devotion to Tom. I could not ask for a better sister-in law. Thank you so much. Love

    ReplyDelete